Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) Technology
Broad Range Multiplex Detection via Electrochemiluminescence (ECL)
LigaTrap Technologies offers an array of MSD-based immunoassays with a proven increase in both dynamic range and sensitivity, made possible through electro chemiluminescent labeling. LigaTrap Technologies utilizes our expertise to accurately access clients’ needs and to guide in the design of assays more sensitive than traditional ELISA.
Learn More About the MSD Platform:
How does the Meso Scale Discovery Platform (MSD-ECL) Work?
Using electro chemiluminescently-labeled detection antibodies, the MSD-ECL platform detects excitation near electrodes located in the bottom of each microplate. As electricity is applied to the plate electrodes, the electro chemiluminescent labels are stimulated to emit light. The intensity of those emissions is then converted to a quantitative measurement of the target analytes in cell supernatant, serum, plasma or whole blood.
Is the MSD-ECL platform right for my assay?
The MSD-ECL platform offers great flexibility with stable, non-radioactive, and easily conjugated labels. Because of these factors, this technology can be applied to all types of traditional ELISAs, such as direct, indirect, sandwich or competitive assays at an increased sensitivity level that can detect samples with concentrations as low as 0.1pg/mL.
We have also found MSD assays are optimal for complex matrices as they typically yield low interference from components like serum or plasma. MSD is particularly advantageous in that its bridging formats are not specific for species or antibody subclass.
Examples of samples:
- Tissue culture: Quantification of protein in tissue culture supernatant.
- Serum/plasma: Serum/plasma kits provide assay-specific components for the quantitative determination of biomarkers in serum and plasma samples.
- Whole cell lysate: Detection of biomarkers in whole cell lysates.
Other: Common high-throughput screening and assay development.
- Meso Scale Discovery (MSD-ECL) can be applied in our work with biomarker screening, immunogenicity, pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD) and CAR-T cytotoxicity.
What are the key benefits of MSD-ECL?
Top Benefits of MSD Assays:
- Small Sample Volumes
- Broad Dynamic Range
- Low Background
- High Throughput
MSD’s proprietary multi-array technology can provide significantly increased sensitivity and dynamic range over standard ELISA with the added benefit of multiplexing. Fast, yet continuous, non-destructive reads produce consistent assay data with low sample volume requirements and minimal reagent consumption. An added benefit of the electro chemiluminescence (ECL) detection technology is that it reduces assay background by separating the excitation mechanism from the signal.
With a broad range of quantitation, assays conducted using MSD technology are cost-effective and exhibit a reduced need for repeats stemming from readings above the ULOQ or below the LLOQ. This means more valid data points from sample sets in a single run than with other similar platforms.
The combination of rapid read times and the ability to perform multiple, simultaneous tests on a single sample increases productivity, conserves sample, and delivers results quickly.
- Up to 10 analytes can be processed in the same panel, which is very efficient and cost effective
- Large linear range can be 3 to 4+ log
- MSD exhibits excellent sensitivity, precision, minimal matrix effect and free drug interaction
Samples and Turnaround
- Sample requirements: Serum, plasma and cell culture supernatants are all compatible with the platform.
- Sample volume depends on desired analytes amount (25ul sample per panel).
- Turnaround time: 24hrs from sample receipt!
- What is provided to the clients: Raw data file and Prizm or Excel data report.